Help Desk Techician (hybrid)
Palmer Lake, CO 80933 US
Hybrid Help Desk Technician for Faith-based organization
Palmer Lake, CO
The Help Desk Technician is responsible for managing and supporting the technology service and support needs of staff, primarily in the US but also around the globe. This person is the first point of contact between end-users and IT and will actively pursue a strategic and proactive support role to empower end-users through training and implementation of technology tools and services. This person will provide both hardware and software support across multiple platforms, technologies, and operating systems, all of which will comprise desktops, workstations, mobile devices, and technology systems and applications.
Duties and Responsibilities:
- Able to provide effective, reliable, proactive help desk support for end-user hardware and software needs while maintaining SLA s. Able to troubleshoot and resolve issues with minimal assistance, including hardware and software troubleshooting, network & internet connectivity, antivirus, and more.
- Manage help desk system (FreshDesk) and be the first point-of-contact for end users requiring IT support. Provide Tier 1 support for tickets that come in.
- Assign tickets to other IT staff as required. Able to escalate appropriately.
- Installation, and testing of computer systems and peripherals within established standards and guidelines.
A/V and event support
- Provide A/V support for board, staff & public events, including managing audio equipment, projectors, televisions, PowerPoint presentations, and the like. Able to troubleshoot issues and help support a smooth running experience.
- Set-up and manage Zoom presentations when required, including managing all staff zoom meetings, recordings, zoom Rooms, daily prayer gatherings, and the like.
- Contribute to the creation, facilitation and maintenance of all documentation related to IT including user documentation, best practices, FAQs, eLearning courses, and the like.
- Responsible for maintaining an inventory of all IT equipment. Create and manage a schedule for system replacements and upgrades.
- Maintain professional development by staying up to date in trends in technology and end-user solutions.
Help Desk Support
- Able to aid in both Mac & PC environments, and comfortable moving between these environments.
- Friendly, personable, able to relate to non-technical staff and communicate technical issues in an easy-to-understand manner.
- Ability to communicate cross-culturally and provide effective support for international staff.
Education and Experience
- High school diploma required. Degree in information technology or related field preferred.
- A+ CompTIA or other training/experience/certifications are beneficial.
- Deep commitment to end-user satisfaction with strong interpersonal skills in cross
cultural communication and responsiveness.
- Detailed knowledge of past and current Microsoft Windows, OS X, iOS, and Android operating systems, as well as Dell and Apple hardware. Experience with device management tools a plus.
- Detailed knowledge of various software and SaaS platforms, including Microsoft Office, Office 365/Exchange, antivirus solutions (such as ESET), Box.com and other file collaboration tools, Adobe Creative Suite, Zoom. Helpful to have experience using
Freshdesk ticketing support software.
- Ability to maintain confidentiality and discretion, as access to confidential and proprietary information may be gained in the course of performing job duties.
- Proactive, eager to create long-term solutions and learning opportunities rather than just putting out fires.
- Lifelong learner, passionate about technology and learning new industry trends, platforms, tools & technologies.
- Able to work independently and problem solve, relying on self-obtained resources to solve problems.
- Strong time management and task prioritization skills.
- Strong written and verbal communication skills in cross-cultural environments.
- Able to work remotely with minimal supervision
- Prolonged periods of sitting at a desk and working on a computer
- Must be able to lift up to 50 pounds at times
- Ability to travel to various locations locally
- Strong personal commitment to Christ and company s Purpose, Mission Statement, and Statement of Faith, with no personal or professional conflicts with the Christian philosophy of company.
- Advanced MS Office proficiency in MS Outlook, Word, Excel and PowerPoint required. To be successful in this role, must have advanced Excel and comfort utilizing multiple applications.
- Ability to drive and monitor project timelines and provide regular updates and communication with supervisor.
- Ability to manage and prioritize workload in a self-sufficient manner.
- A team player that is proactive and flexible.
Company offers competitive benefits and compensation packages upon direct hire to include but not limited to: holiday/vacation/sick leave, 403(b), health, dental, vision and life insurance
Pay: $21.00/hour- $26.00/hour depending upon experience
Schedule: Monday-Friday (8am-5pm)
Hybrid- 2-3 days in the office and can work remotely the rest of the week. Flexible on days to work remote.