Role: Staff Accountant
Mission: Support the controller in building the people and processes around the accounting and finance functions as the company and accounting department continues to grow. Initial support includes taking over all transactional level duties, managing day-to-day accounting functions, expense report management, monthly close activities, record compliance for employee on-boarding / off-boarding, and reporting.
Assume full responsibility of the below outcomes in Accounting and HR functions within 3 months of hire to include:
- Day-to-day accounting operations including customer & vendor management, A/R, A/P, liability adjustments, P/R and Commission Calculations.
- Budget data refreshes.
- Posting transactional data in accordance with GAAP.
- Document retention and meticulous filing.
- Monthly credit card, bank, and liability account reconciliations.
- Weekly account transaction refreshes and coding.
- Creation of journal entries for cost distribution and revenue recognition / deferral.
- Manage the expense report review, import, account configuration, and payout process.
- Onboarding and record creation for all new employees.
- Assist in benefits evaluation, implementation, maintenance, and reconciliation.
- Help to build systems for efficiency, scalability, and accuracy within the first 6 months after hire.
- Assist in budget maintenance process improvement, reviewing results between actual, forecasted, and budgeted prior to department meetings.
- Assist with research, evaluation, and implementation of process improvement projects and technology integrations in an ongoing timeframe.
- Create, implement, and maintain accounting policies and procedures that assure proper internal controls and consistency with GAAP in an ongoing timeframe.
- Writing new and revising existing Policy & Standard Procedures for processes.
- Additional ad-hoc projects not listed.
- Analytical. Able to structure and process qualitative or quantitative data and draw conclusions from it.
- Persistence. Tenacity and willingness to go the distance to get something done.
- Organization and planning. Plans, organizes, schedules, and budgets in an efficient, productive manner. Focuses on key priorities.
- Attention to detail. Does not let important details slip through the cracks or derail a project.
- Teamwork. Reaches out to peers & supervisors to create a collaborative work environment.
- Self-Starter. Motivated to take initiative on projects or tasks, assembling the resources required to complete the objective.
- Fast Pace and Flexibility. Must be able to multi-task in a fast paced and constantly evolving role.
- 2-4 years of progressively responsible accounting roles
- Bachelor’s degree in accounting required
- Solid understanding of GAAP
- Proficient with Microsoft Office Suite and QuickBooks
- Advanced abilities in Excel (v lookups, pivot tables, match & index, nesting if, then statements)
- High degree of discretion, confidentiality, professionalism and passion for success
- Excellent multi-tasker
- Intacct & Adaptive Insight experience a plus!