Journeyman Tool and Diemaker
DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES:
• Develops die function and structure by studying blueprints of die, product, and prototypes; applying knowledge of material under stress, machining and assembly methods, and mathematics.
• Machines parts by measuring, marking, and scribing stock setting up and operating lathe, mill, radial drill, shaper, grinder, etc.
• Confirms parts by comparing measurements to specifications.
• Assembles die by shaping, smoothing, and fitting parts with grinders, files, stones, etc.
• Confirms assembly by verifying dimensions, clearances, and alignment of parts and components with micrometers, thickness gauges, gauge blocks, dial indicators, etc.
• Completes assembly by bolting and doweling parts and components together with hammers, wrenches, etc. connecting wiring and hydraulic lines.
• Confirms performance of die by installing die inspecting operation of die making adjustments comparing finished product to specifications.
• Resolves assembly problems by altering assembly to meet specifications notifying supervisor to obtain additional resources.
• Maintains supplies inventory by checking supplies to determine amount available.
• Maintains continuity among work teams by documenting and communicating actions, irregularities, and continuing needs.
• Documents actions by completing logs in MP2.
• Contributes to team effort by accomplishing related results as needed.
• Demonstrates company values and behaviors every day
• Follows all company safety rules and reports any potential safety issues to the Safety Representative or Management
• Must be able to stand for long periods of time
• Must be able to lift 50 lbs.
• Lifting, reaching, extending and retracting arms is required.
• Must be able to maneuver heavy dies.
• Other duties, as required
• Journeyman Tool and Diemaker certification
• Minimum 8 years experience as a Tool and Diemaker
• Excellent skills in interpersonal relationships, communication and teamwork
• 2 year Technical degree or equivalent
• Time management skills
• Work independently and possess a high level of self-motivation and initiative
• Demonstrate companyValues and Behaviors
• Working knowledge of feed systems and a variety of sensors required
• Competent forklift handling
• Contribute to team effort by performing work in other areas/jobs of the machine shop as needed
• Proficient in SolidWorks, Esprit, Excel and MP2 software
MEASURES OF SUCCESS:
• 100 percent production uptime
• Complete daily targeted goals