Job Title: Accounts Payable Clerk
Summary: Responsible for providing support for accounts payable processes by performing the following duties.
Essential Duties and Responsibilities:
Include the following. Other duties may be assigned.
- Obtain and maintain vendor W-9s
- Scan, disburse and track invoices
- Match purchase orders (POs) to invoices
- Maintain blanket purchase orders
- Review and key invoices, check requests, mileage reimbursements and patient refunds
- Communicate with internal and external customers and vendors in a professional manner
- Prepare and issue payments to include checks, ACH transfers, and electronic funds transfer (EFT) payments
- Match invoices to checks for release
- Reconcile vendor statements
- Perform month-end accounts payable accruals
- Assist with daily cash count and petty cash duties as needed
- Assist with generating 1099s and annual federal filing
- Assist with cashier audits a needed
Strong written and verbal communication skills with emphasis on customer service. Professional demeanor and appearance. Strong problem solving skills. Ability to meet deadlines and prioritize tasks. Ability to work collaboratively with peers, colleagues and management. Successful candidate is a strong team player.
To perform this job successfully, an individual must be able to perform each essential duty satisfactorily. The requirements listed below are representative of the knowledge, skill, and/or ability required. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
Education: High school diploma or equivalent required. Associate’s degree in accounting, finance, or business administration preferred.
Work Experience: 1 or more years of accounts payable or accounting experience required. Experience in healthcare preferred but not required.
To perform this job successfully, an individual should have proficiency of word processing software, spreadsheet software, Microsoft Outlook, and accounting software. Knowledge of inventory software and payroll systems software helpful. Experience with Dynamics SL preferred. 10-key by touch and keyboarding.